Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Milo

When I was a junior in high school, Abbey and I went to Atwoods in Bartlesville to buy baling wire for prom (the junior class is in charge of decorating and I was the president). Prom was right before Easter and, being a farm store, Atwoods had a whole bunch of darling little ducklings. They had all sorts of colors to choose from and I kind of fell in love with the little guys. I don’t recall debating very long before I decided to buy a little duckie. I named him Milo. If I remember correctly, Abbey had to hold him in her lap all the way home. I loved him for about a week and then he got big, messy, and loud. He pooped everywhere and tore up Mom & Dad’s pretty fish pond with the lily pads. And he stunk. I don’t remember how long I had him but luckily I had a coworker at Caney Valley Electric that had a bunch of ducks so he was happy to take him off my hands. I’m sure Milo made a great Easter dinner at some point.

I wish I would have taken a picture of that little guy. He sure was cute for a minute.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had Milo for a little while :) Maybe it's time to go buy another little duckling!

    ReplyDelete