Thursday, May 12, 2011

2011 New Recipe #9

Ok, the last post didn't take as long as I thought so I think I'll do the next one! Let's see where I left off...after we finished the macaroons, we went and got Thai massages. Intense! Those are the kind that they walk on your back. It was pretty cool. And a big thanks to Arch for treating Naco and me! Then we ate sushi at Wafu of Japan. I wanted to take Arch to Stricklands but they were closed so we hit up Yogurtland instead. Then we went home and made cookies that Naco had requested! These cookies were delightful. How can you go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate? I sent some of these to the church dinner and got rave reviews. I will definitely make them again. Easy and delicious.


Pre-frosting
With frosting - ready to eat!
The yummy middle


Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Cookie:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
36 Reese's peanut butter cups, unwrapped

Glaze:
2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter

Combine butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla. Mix, then add flour, baking soda and salt. Makes a soft dough. Divide dough into 36 balls, push a peanut butter cup into each ball and wrap the dough up around to cover the pb cup. Place on cookie sheet and allow room for cookie to spread while baking. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Melt glaze ingredients and drizzle or frost center top of each cookie. Enjoy!
 
Sunday morning I realized we hadn't taken any pictures of Arch and me so Naco did the honors. It was super bright outside so we had a little trouble getting a good shot...some people might say it had something to do with the fact that we were using my phone instead of a real camera but I beg to differ. :)



We ate lunch at the delicious El Torito Grill and then headed back to LAX. It was so fun to have Arch here. Hopefully I can visit her in Dallas soon!

PS Naco sent Arch home with a few succulents. Arch sent me proof that she made it home with them:


No comments:

Post a Comment