Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2011 New Recipe #11 & #12

Whew, I almost blew my goal of two blog posts a month! I'm still behind on posting the recipes I've made but I'll do two easy ones now.


On May 25th, Wendy and I threw a bridal shower for our friend, Angie. I made turtle cake. It's a recipe that Wendy makes and is always a hit. I don't actually have the recipe so I can't post it (sure makes this post easy, though!). I can tell you that it's made in a silicone mold (I think I used the sunflower mold). It has chocolate cake mix, lots of caramel, and fruit on top. I really don't remember the details (should have done this a month ago).


Then sometime after that, Wendy and I made waffles. I'm not really a breakfast person but these were delicious. I just used a standard recipe I found online (sorry...I'll try to do better!). Maggie gave me a waffle iron when she got married because she had an extra one - it's so nice! Thanks, Maggie! We made a few different varieties. Some had chocolate chips, some had coconut, some had peanut butter on top, some had bananas, some had syrup. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment