Thursday, April 22, 2010

chock-full of birthdays

April is chock-full of birthdays! Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...




April 7th...my little sis is the big 2-1!! Woohoo, Ash! I remember when she was born, of course. I was in second grade. I was out on the playground during recess and Stephanie (in 6th grade) was in her classroom holding up a paper that said something about Mom having the baby. Of course I can't remember what it said, I'm kind of impressed that I remember that story at all! I mean, seriously, that was 21 years ago...I can't even remember what I ate for dinner last night! Happy bday, Ashley Michelle!



April 18...happy birthday to one of my very best friends, MiCaH!! Oh the stories I could tell! But I won't because how could I choose between our days of cheerleading, lifeguarding, and driving in the grass to our days of karaoke, dancing, Cozumel, concerts, and everything in between!?!? Good times, good times.




April 18...happy birthday to one of my newest friends, Karen! Karen is one of the Costa Rica girls. We met at LAX and got in a lot of bonding that first week of friendship! Karen is strong and tough and tons of fun. She saved me from a crazy tree frog once. And she was just in California for her birthday! Come back soon, Karen!




April 22...my sweet niece, Morgan Marie! Morgan just turned 8 and she is one busy little girl! She is quite the little cheerleader and gymnast. This Easter she got the big red egg, which is quite the accomplishment (she was pretty proud of that when she told me on the phone today). And she'll be getting baptized very soon!



April 24...my big sister, Stephanie! Happy birthday, Steph! When Stephanie was in high school, we would go upstairs to her room while she was sleeping and ask her if we could borrow her clothes. It worked like a charm but didn't necessarily stop her from being mad when she saw us later! Four kids later and sharing everything, she's still my awesome oldest sister who I love dearly!





April 27...daddy-o!! Happy bday to my awesome dad! He is the best. I mean, seriously, he lived in a house with SIX females!! I don't ever remember him complaining about all of us girls...then again, he probably couldn't get a word in edge-wise! My dad has taught me so much...from working cattle and mowing lawns to taking vitamins and saving money (oops, didn't really catch on to that one!). If I could just get him out of Kansas to come visit this beautiful place I live in!




And I can't leave out Grandma Rose. Her birthday would have been April 22. This picture is from her last birthday, age 91. I think of her often and miss her dearly!! Her influence in my life will never be forgotten.

Happy birthday to all and to all a good night!

XOXO,

M

2 comments:

  1. great post mandy! but you still haven't added pictures to the first post.... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thing about April is that it's just a few short weeks from my awesome birthday in May :)

    ReplyDelete