Monday, October 4, 2010

California cars

My boss had to go to Oklahoma City on business for a few days last week. I talked to him this morning and he told me a little about his trip. He had time to go to the OKC Memorial, which he was very impressed with. He also went to Bricktown…thought it had potential to be cool but needed more work. He laughed about how you could get anywhere within 6 minutes. He was impressed with the airport. Said the weather was kinda humid but pretty nice. This afternoon he remembered something else about the trip – he said in the Rockwell parking lot, he saw a Porsche, same year and model as his (he gave more detail about what kind of Porsche but that went in one ear and out the other), which obviously caught his eye. After that, he realized that he didn’t see one Mercedes or BMW while he was there. This didn’t surprise me at all, I’ve noticed the same thing. Apparently you can stand on the coast highway and won’t be able to count to 10 before a Mercedes or BMW drives past. And there’s a saying that goes something like, the E-class Mercedes is the Ford Taurus of California. I’ve gotten used to see all the fancy cars everywhere but remember being pretty fascinated when I first moved here. Oh, California…where’s my Range Rover?

No comments:

Post a Comment