Monday, February 21, 2011

2011 New Recipe #3

Wendy, Naco, and I dropped off sugar cookies and visited the Jarvie's last week. While there, we realized that we didn't do anything for Bishop's birthday. His favorite cookies are chocolate chip so we told him we were going to make some. Chocolate chip cookies are probably my favorite basic cookies and they've been an old standby for as long as I can remember. We always made a double batch in Mom's Kitchenaid mixer. Sometimes bar cookies (if we were lazy), sometimes regular drop cookies, and always a lot of raw cookie dough eaten. But this time, I needed to try a new recipe. I remembered a recipe Aubrey Messick shared on The Mormon Bachelorette so I found that to give it a try. I made them Sunday afternoon in Naco's new mixer with my new Silpat (actually it was Wendy's but they are the same). I made two sizes - one with my small cookie scoop, one with Naco's large scoop. (Btw if you don't use a cookie scoop, you are missing out! Perfect uniform size, easy...love!) In our usual fashion, Wendy and I dropped off the cookies with a card, rang the doorbell, and ran as fast as we could in our heels back to the car!

Here's the recipe. Btw I always use real chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. That is so nice! The cookies sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so how does this choc chip cookie recipe rank? what is the best choc chip cookie recipe you've tried??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, this recipe was really good. The cookies weren't too flat, which I find happens with a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes. I haven't tried the one Annie gave us with the vanilla pudding yet for some reason (keep forgetting?). My usual go-to is the one on the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chips package (that's the one that is cut out and taped onto a yellow note card in Mom's recipe box). :) Do you have one you love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were divinely delicious! Sad to find an empty cookie jar last night! Round II???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a go-to recipe, which it weird. I usually make some other kind. But everyone has to have a great chocolate chip cookie recipe I've decided. I like Annie's recipe but it is a huge batch and hard to stir without a KitchenAid.

    PS - someday I'm going to make a cookbook of the recipes we all love (mostly Mom's recipes). I like cookbooks but my fave recipes are ones on random pages. maybe that can start this summer

    ReplyDelete