Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 New Recipe #22

I wanted to use the rest of my molasses so decided to make molasses cookies. I've had them before and they are yummy (the reaction from some of my friends was not so great but who really cares what they think, right?). The problem was that I wanted to us all of the molasses so I ended up taking the recipe times 1 1/2. How do you use 1 1/2 eggs, you ask? Well, I thought that was way too much trouble so I would recommend not doing it! The cookies were delicious and I didn't mind rolling them into little balls and into the sugar (I'd do that over rolling out dough any day!).

Let me just insert a little plug for my Silpat. It's the best and I think everyone should have one. Go buy one. Now. You won't be sorry.


Lucy's Molasses Cookies


http://www.iamchasingbaby.com/2011/09/lucys-molasses-cookies.html


Ingredients:  
3/4 C. Vegetable Oil - 1 C. Sugar - 1 Egg - 1/3 C. Molasses (MIX)
Gradually add the following dry ingredients...
2 tsp. Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp. Clove - 1/4 tsp. Ginger - 2 tsp. Soda - 2 1/4 C. Flour

Mix until thoroughly blended.  

Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls.
Then coat in remaining white sugar.
Place cookies two inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment