Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 New Recipe #23 Tortellini Soup

While I was home for Christmas, each of us girls were assigned a day to cook. I've been on a soup kick lately so decided to make tortellini soup. This is probably my favorite dish that Wendy makes so I figured I'd try it myself. Everyone loved it. I served it with cornbread, which will be the next post. (I've never eaten it with parmesan cheese but I'm sure it would be great.)

TORTELLINI SOUP
(Recipe from Wendy's sister, Amber. I don't know where it's originally from.)

3 (10 3/4 oz.) cans chicken broth                            2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup                1 tsp. dry basil
2 cups cooked chicken                                          1/2 tsp. dry oregano
1 cup chopped onion                                             1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup sliced carrots                                              1 (7 or 8 oz.) pkg. cheese tortellini
2 cups water
Combine chicken with chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, carrots, water, garlic, basil, and oregano.  Bring to a boil.  Add tortellini and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment