Thursday, February 9, 2012

Brown Butter and Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok, so I'm not going to post all of the new recipes I try this year but I couldn't deny my readers (all 3 of you...) this amazing recipe! Plus I figured if I wanted to remember how much I loved it, I better record it somewhere. On Saturday, we had a Valentines craft night at our house with the roomies and Naco. Linds made an awesome wreath that is now hanging on our front door and Wend made a fantastic bunting that is hanging over the mirror in the living room (with Linds' pink/white Valentines lights). Ashley was gone for a large part of the evening so didn't do any crafting but contributed delicious candy to our night. :) Naco painted several cards (she's very artistic) and Sarah-Dawn stopped by for a little bit and made a card or two as well. Although I planned to at least make a card, my craft ended up being baking. I made red velvet sandwich cookies (didn't love those but took most of them to a Super Bowl party the next day) and brown butter and sea salt chocolate chip cookies in a heart shaped mold. They were darling and absolutely scrumptious.

Cookie with one of Naco's cards in the background
This isn't the one Wendy made (obviously) but it's close (hers is better)


Centerpiece I got to take home from our RS Love Auction

Linds' wreath (have I mentioned that I LOVE wreaths?)





























































Brown Butter and Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
One 10-ounce bag chocolate chips
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper
2.  Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan to melt.  Once melted watch carefully.  Butter will foam, boil then little brown bits will start to form around sides and bottom of pan.  Once butter turns a golden brown and has a very nutty aroma, remove from heat.  I transfer mine to a bowl so cooking stops.  Let cool for 5 minutes.
3.  Place both sugars into stand or electric mixer.  Add brown butter and mix until well combined.  Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until well combined.  Place flour, baking soda and sea salt into a large bowl.  Slowly add to wet ingredients then add in chocolate chips, mixing until just combined.  Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet with a medium sized cookie scoop and sprinkle tops with additional sea salt.  Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cooked through.  Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies

Recipe from Picky Palate

No comments:

Post a Comment