Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Resolutions…to be or not to be?

Last year I made a list of possible resolutions. I never finished it but kept it on my to do list all year so I looked at it often. Here’s what it said:

Figure out resolutions: B of M daily, temple weekly, read more, money/budget/debt, diet/exercise, GMAT, journal, work on time, blog monthly, half marathon?, research MBA, learn Spanish, practice guitar & piano

I think there were a few additions and deletions throughout the year but most of them just sat on the list staring at me. I won’t waste time with how I did in regard to each of those resolution ideas but I will say that it was helpful to look at the list often and be mindful of the things I wanted to improve or do in my life. And since I didn’t actually set the resolutions, I didn’t fail! Sad that I couldn’t even commit to making my resolutions, though, right?!?

There are some forever in my head goals that aren’t really resolution worthy: spend less, weigh less, get married. And then there are ridiculous goals that I know I won’t accomplish like exercise five times each week or write in my journal daily. So I think I’m going to set a few goals and revamp my resolution ideas list. Will any of these resolutions/goals make a big impact in my life? Probably not. They are really just resolutions made for the sake of making resolutions. But I will have fun and probably actually accomplish all three, which might help me to make some real resolutions in the future.

Goal #1: Try 30 new recipes

I have been trying a lot of new baking recipes lately. I really enjoy baking (and eating) so I could easily try 30 new recipes this year. My hope is that I will also try new cooking recipes (dinner, etc), too. I’ll keep you posted.

Goal #2: Read 12 books

Seems easy, right? Well, I assure you that last year I didn’t even read half of that. I used to read a lot and really enjoyed it. Then when I was in college, I didn’t want to read my textbooks so felt like I couldn’t read for pleasure, either. So I basically quit reading. It’s time to pick that habit back up.

Goal #3: Blog at least twice per month

January: done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment