Monday, October 17, 2011

Recipes update (#13, #14, #15)

I haven't completely forgotten about my goal to try 30 new recipes in 2011...I just haven't been doing a very good job. I've made six new recipes since my last blog post, though. Unfortunately I'm not sure where the recipes are and I only have a few pictures (but not sure which goes with which recipe).

Recipe #13 chocolate chip cookies
Recipe #14 chocolate chip cookies
Recipe #15 chocolate chip cookies

That's right, I've made a lot of chocolate chip cookies. They are my favorite and there are so many different variations that I wanted to try! I actually did quite a bit of research about technique, etc, but I think I made them all back in May so I remember very little. Sad, I know. I did learn that you should make your cookie dough 24 hours in advance and refrigerate it. And I think I have some notes written on printed recipes that I'm too lazy to find but will hopefully be able to locate when I need them!

I tried a recipe that had coarse salt on top of the cookies, which I really liked. I gave those to Jessica for her birthday in a cute little lunchbox.


Another recipe I tried was vanilla pudding chocolate chip cookies, which I first heard about through my sister, Annie. I got the recipe from a blog:

Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 c (319 g) flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c (237 g) butter, softened
3/4 c (106 g) brown sugar
1/4 c (50 g) granulated sugar
3.4 oz (96 g) pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c (473 ml worth) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and beat in the pudding mix. Scrape the bowl again and add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the bowl after each addition eggs. Add vanilla. Add half of the pre-mixed dry ingredients to the batter and mix just to combine. Scrape down the bowl and add the remaining half, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Using a tablespoon-size scoop, portion the cookies into balls. Place 2 1/2" apart on prepared baking sheets and bake 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden and set. Let cookies cool on sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool fully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment