Monday, October 17, 2011

Grilling

We moved into our new place, which came with a grill on the balcony. I decided I wanted to learn to grill. One weekend in August, Ashley and I invited Steph & Todd over for dinner (Wendy was out of town). I told Steph that I wanted to grill but Todd was going to have to teach me how. Done and done. We prepared the food (added onion soup mix to the hamburger), Steph brought her delicious bbq sauce, and Todd taught me to grill. It was a fun night: food, friends, balcony.

The next day I cooked a few of the extra patties for lunch. I'm learning not to make the patties so thick. They were yummy - a grilling success!

I've grilled several times since then. I've grilled burgers, chicken breasts, lots of veggies (tomatoes, zucchini, squash, peppers, eggplant), and kebabs. I'm having a lot of fun with this new skill but still learning. I made dinner for friends one night and Mary took a picture:






Another favorite fall food is spaghetti squash. I love that stuff. A few weeks ago I made dinner for Wendy and Ashley. Spaghetti squash with grilled chicken, steamed veggies, and olive oil. Scrumptious and healthy!

In preparation for our upcoming Chowder Chowdown event, we made Steph's famous Corn Chowder. It was so delicious! I can't take the credit for making it because I just helped. I've been eating a lot of clam chowder at restaurants (have yet to attempt making it myself). I love soup in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment